I’ve been busy upgrading my folding bike.
Starting point was a bone-stock 2002 Dahon Boardwalk 1.
Added the following:
- Skyway Tuff Pads (they appeared to be the Kool Stop salmon compound, and the LBS had them in stock, not sure that’s what they actually are, though)
- 1976 Sachs Duomatic 28h 2-speed kickback IGH coaster brake hub, built into a Sun CR18 rim by the LBS (gearing is 48/22)
- Planet Bike Superflash, turns out that it lines up perfectly under the sprung saddle
- TransIt Epic DX rack trunk
- Biologic Joule 2 20h dynamo hub (Biologic/Tern sells these prebuilt with Kinetix Comp rims for $115 shipped to the US)
- Tektro Sabre BX2 brake lever (the stock plastic lever was honestly terrifying)
- Busch & Müller Lumotec Lyt BN plus headlight (in German)
I think this is pretty much all this bike needs except for maybe tires and a pedal upgrade.